- Published on Monday, 13 February 2012 09:03
- Written by Nick Costello
Are you following THE TEEN COMMANDMENTS? They will help you live the Christian life and become the person God has designed you to be.
1. OBEY YOUR PARENTS - "Obey your parents. This is the right thing to do because God has placed them in
authority over you. And this is the promise, that if you honor your father and mother, yours will be a long life,
full of blessings." (Eph. 6:1-3 LB) The only time you can disobey your parents is if they ask you to do
something you know is sin. Disobedience is rebellion and rebellion is sin.
2. CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS CAREFULLY - "Do not be deceived and misled. Evil companionships corrupt and
deprave good manners, morals and character." (1 Cor. 15:33 AMP) You will become like those you hang
3. BE A MASTER OF YOUR HABITS OR THEY WILL MASTER YOU - "Since you have heard all about him
and have learned the truth that is in Jesus, throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is
rotten through and through, full of lust and deception. Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts
and attitudes. You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in god's likeness - righteous,
holy and true." (Eph. 4:21-24 NLT) Get rid of your old way of living and bad habits before you became a
Christian. Live a God-fashioned life and be a new person through the power of Christ. Be like Jesus!
4. TREASURE YOUR TIME - DON'T WASTE IT - INVEST IT WISELY - "Be careful how you live, not as fools
but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity to do for doing good in these evil days." (Eph.
5:15-16 NLT) Time is precious. You can't get it back. Don't waste it on the foolish things of this world. make
your life count for Jesus!
5. TAKE A STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING - "Stand firm and hold onto the
teachings we passed on to you." (1 Thess. 5:15 NIV) What teachings? The teachings of Jesus! "Do not let
anyone lead you astray." (1 John 3:7 NIV) Don't let anyone lure or seduce you away from Christ. Take a stand
6. ONLY DATE AND MAKE YOUR INITMATE CLOSE FRIENDS CHRISTIANS - "Don't team up with those
who are unbelievers." (2 Cor. 6:14 NLT)
7. SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR OTHERS, NOT WHAT OTHERS CAN DO FOR YOU - "Nobody should
seek his own good, but the good of others." (1 Cor. 10:24 NIV)
8. GUARD YOUR THOUGHTS - WHAT YOU THINK... YOU ARE - "He will keep in perfect peace all those
who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord." (Isaiah 26:3 LB) "Fix your thoughts on what is good,
true and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think
about all you can praise God for and be glad about it." (Phil. 4:8 NIV) Be God conscious and heavenly minded!
Include God in all your decision making.
9. DON'T FILL UP ON THE WORLD'S CRUMBS - FEED YOUR SOUL ON LIVING BREAD - Jesus said, "I
am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry and he who believes in me will never be
thirsty." (John 6:35 NIV) "A wise man feeds on truth, while a mocker feeds on trash." (Prov. 15:14 LB) All
truth, life and everything you need will be found only in Jesus! Trust Him for
everything you need.
10. GIVE YOUR ALL TO CHRIST - HE GAVE HIS ALL FOR YOU - "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of
God." (1 Cor. 10:31 NIV) "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your
mind and all your strength." (Mark 12:30 NLT) make your life all about Jesus!